Ok, not really. I decided to start using up my surplus of cooking apples with a selection of chutneys and mincemeat. I found a nice selection of small jars and larger jars, so I’ve gotten cracking!
First off, I made wensleydale and apple pie. Because … well, pie.
I’m busy using up lots of the apple surplus with Apple and Tomato Chutney, Mincemeat, and Indian Chutney. I did have an additional plan to make chunky apple jam, but it seems to be impossible to buy pectin anywhere.
Well, I say anywhere, but I checked a whole of 2 shops before I was overcome with Saturday trolley rage*, and left to return home to my chutney making and wine. Hmph! Guess I’ll be keeping an eye out for pectin next time I can be bothered to venture outside of my nest and have to encounter people.
* Trolley rage generally emerges when any of the following happen:
- People walk really slowly in front of me. Usually playing with their phone. MOOOVE!
- People use their own trolley to block the entire aisle, because *obviously* no-one else needs to go past them. Oh no. They’re looking for cake or something, dammit. NOTHING IS MORE IMPORTANT!!!
- The supermarket decided that mustard powder is not actually a spice, and should live in the aisle 3 down, next to the pickles. Nope, I don’t even get that. Stupid ASDA.
- WHERE IS THE *%$^£*%££ PECTIN?!?