I love me some good inspirational quotes. Instead of going for the mainstream ones from random famous and occasionally awesome people, I thought I’d share my favourite ones from the various books I read that have stuck with me over the years. I’ll do my best to attribute the right quote to the right book. Corrections welcome!
- “Until you learn to laugh at yourself, your life will always be a tragedy”. – Polgara the Sorceress, David Eddings.
- “I don’t care about whose DNA has recombined with whose. When everything goes to hell, the people who stand by you without flinching – they are your family.” – Proven Guilty, Jim Butcher
- “We are always more afraid than we wish to be, but we can always be braver than we expect.” – Lord of Chaos, Robert Jordan
- “You can’t go around building a better world for people. Only people can build a better world for people. Otherwise it’s just a cage.” – Witches Abroad, Terry Pratchett
- “Just when you’ve squared up to the solemn realisation that life is a bitch, it turns around and does something nice, just to confuse you.” – The Better Mousetrap, Tom Holt