I’ve yet to use a companion other than Dogmeat (a dog companion) for my forays into the wasteland. I’ll probably encounter similar behaviour off them when I start using them for what I assume will be a greater carrying capacity.
Anyways, from having once had pet dogs, and allowing Dogmeat to accompany me on my travels, I realised just how much in common with the real thing Dogmeat has:
- About to loot something? Nope, Dogmeat is right there, demanding attention!
- You will never go down stairs without Dogmeat being in your way. And then refusing to move.
- Barks at the most inappropriate times.
- Is unable to find loot that is right under his nose.
- Runs off to play elsewhere at random. Usually when you want him.
Good work, Bethesda!